John Lewis Wedding Insurance
A wedding is one of the most important events in a person’s life. Couples put in a lot of time, energy, and money into the planning process. They want their wedding day to go smoothly and be perfect. Unfortunately, things like weather, accidents, and unreliable vendors can let you down.
That’s why many people have started to opt for wedding insurance. At My Wedding Suppliers, we provide a comprehensive list of wedding insurance providers and one of the most popular options is John Lewis wedding insurance.
What is Wedding Insurance?
Weddings are an expensive affair. You need to pay thousands to book a venue, hire caterers, getting wedding planners, buy rings, clothes, décor, etc. If there is any last minute problem before your wedding day, all of that money is at risk and your wedding day is at risk as well.
John Lewis offers six levels of wedding insurance coverage, which means no matter what your problem is, they can offer support. The insurance covers the cost of everything from venue cancellation or rearrangement to wedding gifts. If you have insurance, there’s no need to frantically make last minute monetary arrangements. You can just focus on rescheduling the wedding or making other changes to ensure the event stays on track.
Why John Lewis Wedding Insurance?
It is important to get ample information regarding an insurance policy before getting it. This ensures you aren’t unpleasantly surprised during the claims process. Here’s a look at what you can expect:
- Six Levels – There are six levels of coverage available to clients. They start at £60 and get as high as £310. The cancellation coverage can range from £10,000 to £100,000. Damage or loss coverage ranges from £5,000 to £50,000, and so on. The lowest level of coverage is One and the highest is Six.
- Optional Covers – This insurance policy can also include additional cover options like Marquee Cover and Overseas Cover. Marquee covers the loss of your marquee decorations. Overseas cover includes destination weddings but not honeymoons.
- Wedding Photographers – This covers problems with wedding photographers or photographs. You can hire another photographer to ensure you don’t lose those precious memories.
- Supplier Services – The insurance will cover costs if a supplier cancels at the last minute or isn’t able to fulfill their contract. Don’t worry if your florists, decorator, or caterer cancel at the last minute.
Check with the insurance company to make sure you understand the policy completely and know what to expect from it. This will ensure your wedding doesn’t end on a sour note.
FAQs – Wedding Insurance | John Lewis Finance
Wedding insurance is often a new concept for clients. They don’t know how this policy works and don’t understand how far the coverage goes. Here’s a look at some of the most common questions:
1. Who takes out the insurance?
Wedding insurance policy holders should be over 18 years in age. The policy can be taken out by the prospective married couple or one of their parents. The policy holder is generally responsible for paying the deposits.
2. When should we take out the policy?
It is best to take out the policy when you pay for any part of the event. For example, if you’ve booked a wedding planner to help with the planning process or booked a venue, you should get the insurance around that time.
3. What happens when you have already paid for the services?
You can still get insurance coverage for the services you have already paid for. Make sure you have written contracts with all of the vendors for best results.
4. What happens if the weather during the wedding is really bad?
If the weather hampers transportation services severely enough to cause serious disruption, the cost is covered by John Lewis wedding insurance. For example, if the couple or more than 50% of the wedding guests aren’t able to the make it to the wedding, the insurance will help.
5. Is the honeymoon covered?
This insurance policy doesn’t cover honeymoons. It only covers the wedding and the reception. You can take out a travel insurance policy to handle problems during travels.
6. Is the claims process easy?
The claims process is quick and easy. All you need to do is contact John Lewis Finance. You can call them or visit their website’s claims page to get all the information you need.
7. What if you don’t live in the UK?
You need to be a permanent resident and should have lived in the UK for at least six months to get the insurance. If you’ve been living outside the UK, but your parents are permanent residents, they can get the insurance on your behalf.
If you have any other questions, it is easy to contact the company directly or browse through their website’s FAQ section.
Wedding Insurance | Compare plans | John Lewis Finance
Wedding insurances come in different forms. While most of them are somewhat similar, they have minor differences that can have a big impact in the long run. It is a good idea to compare different plans carefully before investing in them. Here are a few tips that can help you with the process:
- Research – Look at the different plans available and compare the most important points. How much do you need to spend? How much coverage is offered? What is included? What is excluded? Looking at all of these factors can help.
- Make Sure the Coverage is Right – If you’re booking a venue that costs more than £10,000, there’s no use getting a policy that provides only £5,000 to £10,000 of coverage. Focus of getting the most comprehensive one for your requirements, rather than just the most affordable one.
- Check the Benefits – Most people aren’t too concerned with the benefits provided by the insurance company, but it is a good idea to take it into account. This bit of information might prove to be a tie-breaker.
If you want to know more or need assistance on wedding planning, visit our website at My Wedding Suppliers today. Here you’ll find everything you need to carry out your planning. Alternatively, if you are thinking of a different provider, it might be worth considering the Debenhams Wedding Insurance.